Ogawa Burukku, real name Brooke Stephenson, is originally from Tulsa, Oklahoma but relocated to Tokyo, Japan in 2004, where she graduated from the Nippon Designer Gakuin school for manga (comics) in 2008. Currently she resides in Ehime Prefecture with her husband Hiroyuki, her daughter Sora, and her Italian greyhound Bus.
Traditional Comics アナログで漫画を描く
Although her color illustrations are often done digitally, Ogawa Burukku still does her comic pages in traditional black and white by hand. Everything except lettering and sound effects is done at the art desk using pens, nibs, inkwells, rulers, screen tone, etc.
Tools Of The Trade 漫画用道具
- Maru Nibs by Tachikawa 立川の丸ペン
- Zebra G Nibs by Tachikawa 立川のGペンゼブラ
- Pen by Tachikawa 立川の付けペン
- Drafter's Ink by Pilot パイロットの 製図用インキ
- White Out by Lion ライオンのホワイト
Client Listing 依頼者の一覧
- Jim Henson Animation (storyboarding 絵コンテ)
- Cybird Games (translation 英訳)
- AnimeCon.org (convention booklet cover art カバーイラスト)
- Candlemark & Gleam (novel cover art 諸説カバーイラスト)
- GeekingOutAbout.com (mascot design, comics マスコットのデザイン、漫画など)
- Kill Time Communication (translation 英訳)
- Shinichi Ishizuka 石塚真一 (manga assistant アシスタント)
- Shindou L 新堂エル (manga assistant アシスタント)
Please see contacts page about job inquiries.
Ogawa Burukku as a Comics / Industry Guest
Having spent 15+ years in Japan working as a manga assistant and independent creator, Ogawa Burukku occasionally hosts panels and workshops in a guest capacity at conventions in North America. For guest inquiries, see the contacts page.
Below is a list of conventions where Ogawa Burukku (sometimes listed as Brooke Stephenson) has appeared as a guest.